Mad Dog II The Lost Gold 25" Atari Ireland


 After nearly 5 years of actively searching within the arcade collecting community, I eventually found Mad Dog II The Lost Gold back in June 2015. 

Originally listed on eBay earlier in the year as faulty. The collector who purchased it decided to move it on shortly afterward and I was there to buy it.


Here's some footage I captured from my machine, audio is only in mono here.

There was no monitor supplied with the cabinet but the cabinet was complete. Shortly after receiving the machine, I moved house and this machine went into storage for another 5 years (almost)! This January, I added it to my lineup of games and installed a Wells Gardner K7000 that I'd picked up earlier in the same month. 

Although it came with a working laserdisc player (Sony LPD-1450) a copy of Mad Dog II Laserdisc and a v1.00 ROM board, I decided to install the Dexter Laserdisc Replacement Unit and Multi-ROM to make full use of the American Laser Games library. 

As a kid I only played the Deluxe 45" versions of these games, and although I once saw the 25" I never wanted to play it when the Deluxe version was available. Thankfully, the 25" version plays great, and until I can play the deluxe version again it will scratch the itch I've had for the longest time. Besides that, I think the cabinet from Atari Ireland looks fantastic.

What're your memories of this game, what do you think of the 25" cabinet?

 



Comments